Thursday, February 24, 2011

A burglar.

This morning I was startled awake when Shane told me goodbye, as he was leaving for work. I was sleeping so good that I didn't even hear his alarm clock go off. Since I was kind of (A LOT) scared to go back to sleep, I put Dexter in bed next to me, and turned on the TV. Did you guys know that on Nickelodeon, Rugrats is on at 7:00 in the morning? That was my favorite show when I was a kid. Finally after watching some classic Rugrats, I fell back asleep until about 9:00. Dexter was still sleeping soundly so I got up to get ready. As I was trying to find a pair of jeans in the dark I heard a loud "THUD" coming from my kitchen. Naturally I thought "OMG.. someone is trying to break in!" That can't really be the case because I don't have very many neighbors, and I highly doubt anyone would want to break into my house, when they see my car in the drive way, and when it's mid morning. So I put on my brave face and investigate. I look around the living room, nothing disturbed there, I look at the doors, everything is locked up tight, when I go into the kitchen that is when I notice the window, its smudged, as I get closer I notice that the "smudge" is actually feathers. I panic, thinking that one of my beloved woodland creatures has perished. I see no bird on the ground, and later that day all the birds kept coming to my window feeder, so it must not have been that bad, but poor thing. I felt horrible, horrible enough to take a picture of the crime scene. :-)

Harriet. She is cool. I have no clue how she got up there. Little rascal.

1 comment: