Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oklahoma.

I figured I would tell everyone about our trip to Oklahoma. We arrived on Feb. 4th because of the snow. We were supposed to arrive on the 3rd but because of all the snow we were delayed. Dexter did really well on the plane, he slept most of the way except for about 10 minutes of each flight when he would wake up and play, then sleep while we landed. On the first flight, I sat by this Japanese lady, who spoke about as much English as I speak Japanese, (which isn't much), and so she is talking to me through her broken "Engrish", needless to say Dexter was horrified. He cried and looked at her like she was so weird, and she kept saying "Ohh bebe."

Once we got there, Tulsa looked like New York, I thought the plane from Chicago took us back home. It was so crazy how much snow Oklahoma had gotten. It was the most snow I have ever seen. Dexter and I got to visit will everyone from our PD friends, to a few of my high school friends. He had a blast, and I can't wait to come back for another visit.

Oh the way back home, I had kind of a hard time. I flew from Tulsa to Chicago O'hare, from O'hare to Laguardia, Laguardia to Syracuse. The maps of the airport terminal in the back of the "skymall" magazine look alot closer than they actually are. It looked like my gate to my next O'hare flight was right around the corner, which it was, and down 2 levels, and through the waredrobe, past Narnia and back to Oz. I had to run. I arrived right to my gate as Dexter was screaming for lunch and as they were boarding "Final Call for flight 366 to Laguardia." It was intense.
Once on the plane, everyone I passed was thinking "DON'T SIT NEXT TO ME!!" But the man that we did sit by was impressed with how well Dex was on the flight. We had to share a tray table because Dex was sleep in my lap and the table would have squished him. I'm not a fan of sharing a tray table with a stranger. I felt as if he would poision my drink, and of course my writers mind started working, and I kept thinking of how he would poision me and steal my baby. I kept thinking "Dingo took my baby!!" Anyways.... We sat right by the engine too. Which was cool, until I thought "Oh God, what if the engine flies off it rips open my side of the aircraft, and I almost get sucked out of the plane?" But then I quickly decieded that Dr. Poision my drink would be a gonner before I was because my ninja skills would kick in and I would leap seats.
After my anxiety subsided, we began to decend into NYC. Mom told me to look for the Statue of Liberty while landing, which I thought would be cool to see so I was looking. Then I saw her and all her beauty, there was even a boat circling the island doing a tour, as our plane came closer and closer to the ground, I realized my "Lady Liberty" was nothing but a green booey, blocking the "No Wake" zone.
Laguardia is a scary place. It looks like you are landing on water until the wheels hit the ground. Then if you switch airlines you have to take a shuttle to the different terminal building, go through security again, and all that jazz. Thank God my flight was delayed and didnt actually arrive until 6:40, (it was supposed to leave at 6:00 and I would have missed it.)
Finally we made it home, and now I am sitting here blogging while Shane is wanting to watch a movie. HAHA, I guess I'll go and watch a movie since I did pick it and all.
I enjoyed my visit, and now I am happy to be home. All is well in NY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment