Friday, October 15, 2010

5 Generations


I would like to share with everyone what Dexter has done today. He got to lay in the shadow of his great great grandfather.
We took a 5 generation photo today with myself, Dexter, my mom (Nana), Memaw, and my grandpa Joff. It is something I will never forget, and I hope that Dexter will treasure the picture forever. I never got to take a 5 generation photo, and they are few and far between now days, and I think it is such a historic event.
Dexter is such a little blessing to all of us. Tonight I was talking with Grandma Patsy about Dex and everything he has been through, and I kept looking at him laying next to me, and I couldn't help but thank God for him. I always thank God for healing Dexter and for giving me the strength I needed to get through that horrible ordeal, but when I talk about it now the reality of what he went through hits me and I just cry. I never in my entire life thought that I would have to go through that with my son, but I also never imagined I would have such a beautiful son.
A LOT of bad things have happened in my life for such a long time, and I feel that God is finally turning things around. I know that by giving us Dexter he is healing our family, and that is exactly what Dexter has brought us all. Again I say, Dexter is such a little blessing.
I love you, son!
(I have a better picture of our 5 generations, and I'll post them on here a little later)
(Right to Left) Rebecca, Joff, Melanie, Ann, and Dexter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment